"CHARACTERS WITH CONSCIOUSNESS"
One of the greatest concepts I love teaching is that of consciousness. In a world thats gradually awakening to a new vibration, how can we create dynamic characters that are filled with consciousness and divine substance. If you look at the most interesting people on earth, they are people who possess substance through the experience of a connection to a deeper essence of life. With that being said, here's a list of questions you can ask yourself in your development of the characters within any performance!
1) WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME?
2) WHAT IS YOUR FAMILY BACKGROUND?
3) WHAT COUNTRIES DO YOU SHARE ANCESTRY WITH?
4) ARE YOU AN ONLY CHILD? WHOSE YOUR FAVORITE SIBLING IF NOT?
5) WHAT ARE YOUR BIGGEST FEARS?
6) WHAT IS YOUR RELIGIOUS/POLITICAL BACKGROUND AND PREFERENCE?
7) WHAT IS YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION?
8) WHAT MAKES YOU ANGRY, HAPPY, SAD OR DEPRESSED?
9) WHAT KIND OF RELATIONSHIPS DO YOU HAVE?
10) DO YOU HAVE A SIGNIFICANT OTHER? DO YOU LOVE THEM? DO YOU LIKE THEM?
11) WHAT KIND OF HABITS DO YOU HAVE (EX: ROUTINES)
12) WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU?
13) WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE?
14) WHAT'S YOUR GREATEST GOAL IN LIFE?
15) DO YOU HIDE YOUR TRUE INTENTIONS FROM OTHERS?
16) DO YOU COMMUNICATE YOUR THOUGHTS WELL?
17) DO YOU TRUST YOURSELF?
18) ARE YOU AN EMOTIONAL PERSON?
19) ARE YOU WEALTHY OR POOR?
20) WHAT IS YOUR EXPERIENCE IN DEALING WITH PAIN?
21) WHAT KIND OF CLIMATE ARE YOU LIVING IN?
22) WHO IS YOUR LIFE'S GREATEST INFLUENCE?
23) WHAT CITY HAS THE GREATEST INFLUENCE ON YOU?
24) WHAT IS YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE?
25) WOULD YOU KILL TO GET WHAT YOU WANT?
These are deeply interpersonal questions, but these are the type of characters that revolutionize acting. Believable, deep characters will keep audiences coming back to see your performances. Have fun with it all!